Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Videos for the Kids #3

I am currently having problems posting the 3rd video of the kids reciting their books. I had intended on posting the one with all the kids (K-5th) rather than the 2nd-5th graders. I will continue to work on that and see if I can get the video uploaded. But until then, I will just continue with some of our other videos from the summer.

As I have mentioned before, the kids were asked to memorize 9 separate verses this summer. Many of them were able to complete this task. They have instilled God's Word into their hearts all summer long. Before they left for school, I wanted to record them saying their favorite memory verse from the summer.

Many of these kids would write their favorite verse on every craft that we did. When I asked for volunteers to quote verses, each kid had their favorite that they would always recite. After timing them on their books, some even tried to see how fast they could say their verses. Now I was not pushing them to do verses with speed, but it did show me that they were dedicated to knowing those verses perfectly! They would practice hard to say some of the verses as fast as possible. It was good to see them working hard on memorizing Scripture.

So on Wednesday, I took volunteers into a separate room. There, I recorded them reciting whatever verse they wanted to say. I knew exactly what some of them would do, and I wanted to capture those moments forever. In the future when I hear Psalm 19:14 or Proverbs 8:33, I will always think of those kids.

So here is one of those videos. This is Phillip quoting Psalm 19:14:

He was one of those who loved to say verses fast (as you can tell), well really just Psalm 19:14. So I told him that he could say it fast while I was recording as long as he slowed it down a little bit afterwards.

Matt

No comments: